Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:16:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would this make FreeBSD more secure?

In article <199811200055.RAA22013@usr09.primenet.com>,
Terry Lambert  <tlambert@primenet.com> wrote:

> Someone should now go through the Sun CERT and other security
> advisories; I think at last count there were 40 some-odd that
> involved PAM.

Per your suggestion back around August, I looked through them.  I
didn't find anything relevant to us.  The advisories were either
very old or they applied to modules that we don't use.

Of course, it's entirely possible I missed an important one.  So
anyone else is also encouraged to look for reports and see whether
the problems exist in the code I imported.

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken