Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:42:19 +0800 (CST)
From:      CQ CQ de Jason <jason@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu
Subject:   YP client to a Sun YP server

Hi, I have 2 machines:
FreeBSD 2.2-970625-RELENG (YP client) (using DES)
SunOS   4.1.4             (YP server)

The passwd configuration of FreeBSD should be right, master.passwd: +:::::::::

The Sun has run C2conv, that is the encrypted password field is shadowed.
Problem now, although ypcat works normally, I just can't do a login.

Then I write a little program using getpwnam, the pw_passwd returned is
always ##user instead of the encrypted string. I think this is the reason
why I can't login.

If I run ypcat passwd.adjunct.byname with root, then I can get the
encrypted password string.

Is it possible for a FreeBSD to ypbind a Sun running C2(passwd shadow)?
What else configuration did I miss?

in my /etc/sysconfig
nis_clientflags="-s -S +my_yp_domain,ypserv.my.domain"
nis_ypsetflags="NO"
nis_serverflags="NO"
ypxfrdflags="NO"
yppasswddflags="NO"