Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 00:22:48 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fxp driver in -stable ...

Morning all...

	Earlier today, I posted asking about potential causes for a hang
of a machine running -stable ...techies got a chance to get down to the
office this evening, and it turns out that the fxp driver was "wedged",
with a simple 'ifconfig down/up' rectifyin gthe situation ...

	Does anyone know of there were/are any problems with the driver
from an April 14th (4.3-RC) kernel/world?  I'm cvsup'ng latest -STABLE
kernel and world, and will be upgrading, but just wondering if anyone
knows of any problems ...

	Basically, when they did a 'ping' from the machine, the error was
something like 'No Buffer Space' (exact error we aren't sure of, as
nothing in messages, and it scrolled off before we thought to write it
down ;( ) ...

	Maybe a parameter I have to increase?  Or a DOS attack that
flooded the NIC?

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org