Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:28:56 +0200
From:      Karo Salminen <karo@karo.kaista.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Power management

--=.VBCI50gJ8KyYc(

Greets,

why is that the power management is so poorly supported in FreeBSD? When
speaking of laptops, this becomes quite essential question.

I can suspend my laptop (Acer Travelmate 212TX), but it doesn't awake
from that state. See
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/163/2002/4/150/8429330/
And I won't disable APM because without it I can't check the battery
status.

Will the power management implementation be improved in (near) future?

For other parts FreeBSD runs fluently on this laptop.
--
E-mail: karo@karo.kaista.com
GSM: +358 45 6728280

--=.VBCI50gJ8KyYc(