Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:44:15 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, varanasi sainath <varanasisai@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: UUID in fstab.

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:38:00 pm varanasi sainath wrote:
> Thanks for the support.
>
> I want to use the uuid's found using sysctl -a in fstab.
> /dev/gptid/ has only uuid for boot partition.

You probably have the other GPT paritions already mounted via
another name which removes the names in /dev/gptid.  Try
booting an install CD or USB stick such that you use an
alternate root fs and don't mount any of the partitions on
your drive.  Then you should be able to see the entries in
/dev/gptid and update your fstab appropriately.  If you
console access you could also try to update your fstab to
use /dev/gptid/<uid> directly instead of /dev/XXXpYY and
reboot.  If it works I believe the /dev/XXXpYY names will
now be gone from /dev and the /dev/gptid names present
instead.

--
John Baldwin