Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:46:37 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Leandro F Silva <fsilvaleandro@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which OS for notebook

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 01:11:30AM -0300, Leandro F Silva wrote:

> Which OS are you using on your notebook, FreeBSD / Linux or MAC ?
> Also, can you tell us the hardware, Sony / HP etc..

MacOS X 10.6.4. Its solid, supported, and Unix. In general the Unix
things that need to be treated differently between MacOS and FreeBSD are
exactly the sort of things you need to be prepared for for jumping
between any Unix (or Unix clone).

Apple hardware is exceptionally good. Generally run 5 to 8 years before
upgrading. Got my original MacBook Pro in January 2006 and its still
Going strong on the original battery. Its biggest limitation today is its
2GB max memory, but the Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz CPU is plenty good.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net