Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2006 13:59:24 -0400
From:      Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migration question

>>>>> "db" == David B <incomex@hotmail.com> writes:

    db> if any, is there a real difference in the security of your
    db> kernel, versus openbsd?

I switched from NetBSD and found I could no longer drop ntpd's root
privileges.  systrace seems to be missing from FreeBSD, too.

Finally, I'm not sure if FreeBSD does non-exec mappings like NetBSD
and OpenBSD do.

but I don't think there is anything as good as geli on OpenBSD.

The software RAID on FreeBSD is geom RAID3.  I've never used it
myself, but my understanding is, RAID3 instead of RAID5 and some
changes to UFS allowing larger than 512byte sector size manage to plug
the RAID5 write hole.

There is also vinum, but geom is the future I think.  RAIDframe is on
NetBSD/OpenBSD not FreeBSD.