Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:50:38 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   x11/xorg update.

	Guys,

	My portupgrade -aP was stll going full tilt late this morning
	after my 27th cup of French roast, so good thing I  didn't wait.
	After only 8 or 9 days, there's obv'ly been lots of mods.
	Read: 'hard work' by volunteers.

	The xorg.conf I created on 09jun07 was around 1K  bytes.  The
	new one is around 4 times that size.  My logs clued me in --
	partly.  In /var/log/gdm/:0.log was the problem.  An (EE)
	that said I was missing some required module.  I searched all
	*.ko files and even looked for the source.  NADA.  Then I
	ran another X -configure.  That spat out a slew of warnings and
	errors but it did create an xorg.conf.new.  It worked as a test
	and today worked to bring up gdm without any errors. (!!)

	I can find out my searching around what new kinds of features are
	in xorg-7.x, but it looks like it has better probes at least.

	So, to anybody who is dreading the xorg mess, there is hope.
	FBSD is still the best open-src group in the {known:)} universe.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix