Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 00:12:25 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dima Sivachenko <demon@gpad.ac.ru>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question about porting...

Hello!
I am about to make a port of one program, written in perl.
But the first line of this program looks strange:
#!/Smth strange/perl
So I want to make a patch to fix this. But the path of `perl' is different
on different FreeBSD versions: /usr/local/bin on 2.2.7 and /usr/bin on
3.0 due to 3.0 is already shipped with perl5 rather than perl4.

How should I determine the actial path of perl5 in Makefile of my port?

Thank you in advance,
Dima Sivachenko.