Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:20:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Barkley Vowk <bvowk@math.ualberta.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: soft updates

I've never had a single issue with my large filesystems either. They've
been running for 18 months or so now, and survived power failures, bad
disks, and a constant pounding. You are more likely to die from one of
your junior admins dd'ing with reckless cluelessness than softupdates.

/dev/twed0s1e   397G   217G   148G    59%    /home

/dev/twed0s1e     388G   233G   125G    65%    /disk

/dev/twed0e   148G    36G   100G    27%    /disk

Barkley C. Vowk -- Systems Analyst -- University of Alberta
Math Sciences Department - Barkley.Vowk@math.ualberta.ca
Office: CAB642A, 780-492-4064

Opinions expressed are the responsibility of the author and
may not reflect the opinions of others or reality.