Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:31:50 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Epson Perfection 1260 and SANE

Hi!

Has anyone got this scanner to work with FreeBSD 4.7 and SANE?

When issued sane-find-scanner it finds it, telling me it's on
libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0.

It also seems to use the backend Plustek, and in the [usb]
section I have entered the correct vendor- and product-id.
I have tried various settings for device, such as auto,
libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0, /dev/ugen0 and so on.

Executing scanimage -L just tells me it can not find the
scanner.

Also got some "Device not found" and "I/O error"'s while
testing various settings.

If you who reads this managed to make it work, can you please
give me some hints?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Paul