Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 12:23:43 -0500
From:      sohel <sohel@southwind.net>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbie dumb question!!!

Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a dumb newbie question regarding network cards. I have
successfully configured a SMC EZ 10 card as NE2000 under my FreeBsd
2.2.1 and its working flawlessly. Now i see discussion about network
card and their chipsets and processors. My question is how can find out
these information by looking at my NICs that i have? How much
information (processor..chip..manufacturer..make..model, MAC address
etc) can be extracted by just looking at a network card and how?? I am
asking for a little tutorial here. I would really appreciate your
valuable information.

Thank you.

Best,

sohel