Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:14:49 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Bruno Ducrot <ducrot@poupinou.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD Turion64 X2 works with PowerNow! thank you Bruno

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

On Wed, 2007-Jan-24 11:32:26 +0100, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 11:44:05AM +0300, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrot=
e:
>> So I wish this could be backported to RELENG_6 asap, and yes I tested
>> it in FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE only, not with current.
>>=20
>
>I will commit this to RELENG_6 after people do more testing,
>maybe in one month or so, need to check if there are no regressions.
>And I don't think this will go to RELENG_6_2 since it's not a security
>issue.

Reading the commit log, I gather this is correcting a bug in PowerNow!
rather than a bug with the interaction between PowerNow! and other
speed throttling mechanisms.  In my case, PowerNow! appears to be OK
but acpi_throttle is broken.

Thanks for your efforts in investigating these problems.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb--