Date:      Sat, 3 Jan 2015 09:40:40 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unbound in FreeBSD 10

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 09:07:55 +0100, Leslie Jensen wrote:
> With the omission of BIND from FreeBSD I've lost the "dig" command. I
> use the "dig" command in some scripts to make a list of trusted hosts
> that can access the local network from the outside.
>
> Replacing the "dig" command in my scripts are crucial to the functionality.

While dig belongs to bind, unbound is using drill.
You could probably create a symlink to keep your
scripts' use of dig.

Additionally, you could stop using unbound at all
and install bind from ports. This will of course
come with the dig command, and you could basically
use your old system's bind configuration, you just
have to make the move from /etc to /usr/local/etc
for the configuration files.

There is nothing wrong using bind from ports. It's
just that bind not part of the OS distribution anymore,
because unbound offers the "more simple features" of
bind for DNS resolving, and for everything else, bind
from ports can still be used. It's also a newer version
than the one which came with the OS.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany