Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:45:19 +0200
From:      Ross Cameron <ross.cameron@unix.net>
To:        srividya.k@tcs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for AIX

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:53 AM, <srividya.k@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi
>     Is BSD compatible with AIX unix system?( AIX version 6).
> We require the make utility of BSD to compile few source programs?

Are you SURE you need BSD Make?
    If so why?

Secondly,.... it is available from
http://www.crufty.net/help/sjg/bmake.html
    Very simple install instructions on that page too.

Is there any make utility compatible with AIX?  Could you please give us
> the URL where we can get the same?

Yes LOTS,... bmake/nmake/gnu make/etc. etc. etc.
    All Make commands are not made alike.... you need to use the one that
suits the syntax of the makefile in question.

Judging from the Q that was asked... if the software you want to compile is
OpenSource look into NetBSD's Pkgsrc system....