Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:26:30 +0900
From:      Okazaki Tetsurou <okazaki@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Subject:   Re: ports/24291: New port: ant build tool for Java

In the message <200103190150.f2J1o3K32824@freefall.freebsd.org>
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> wrote:

>  Although depending on linux-jdk1.3 may not be comme-il-faut.
>  Maybe we should let the user choose, or find the latest java
>  installed and depend on it, if it exists, and if none exists
>  depend on native non-beta jkd1.1 (I know I'm booring, but hey,
>  there should a "stable" base version, and people can chose to
>  install beta or non_native stuff if they like). Besides,
>  linux-jdk1.3 requires a very resent FreeBSD system to work,
>  which is not fair for such a basic thing as ant.

How about to make it depend on javavmwrapper as below?

RUN_DEPENDS=    ${JAVAVM}:${PORTSDIR}/java/javavmwrapper
JAVAVM?=        ${LOCALBASE}/bin/javavm

>  Also, now ant is 1.3... still nothing committed... It's been
>  six months since Leo Kim submitted the first port for ant
>  (ports/21435), and still nothing... it is hilarious... :(

Sorry for inconvenience yours such a long time.  I will add
ant 1.3 port based on Ernst's version.  One thing I wonder
now is that are we able to bundle jaxp.jar and parser.jar
into the FreeBSD package and distribute it through mirror
cites and CD-ROM.

--
Tetsurou