Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:02:53 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org.freebsd-net"@freebsd.org
Subject:   about a usb adsl modem driver

Hi,

I've got a eagle usb adsl modem and get ready to work on FreeBSD support
for it.

I found two proyects on this, one for alcatel modems and other for this
(eagle).

I can connect with the latest via pppoa on RELENG_5, but I don't like
this too much.

After a some days searching on inet, I found enough docs and ideas for a
real usb adsl modem driver.

My first idea was a sppp based one, that can be ported to all xBSD.  But
now I think that a netgraph thing must be a better first contact.

Anyone interested in help with this?

Any comments on this are welcome.

--
  josemi