Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:41:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      cgull+usenet-881043931@smoke.marlboro.vt.us (john hood)
To:        sos@freebsd.dk
Cc:        tg@award.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jay M. Richmond" <jayrich@room101.sysc.com>
Subject:   Re: PIIX configuration

Søren Schmidt writes:
 > > Is there any chance to take the code from current and mix it into 2,2,x without
 > > too much work ?
 > >

 > Well, it should be, the author of the DMA code did it on a 2.2.x system..

That's true, I originally did it there.  But I moved to a -current box
for development, and the code has changed a fair bit since, and
diverged fairly badly.

It shouldn't be too hard (though tedious) to backport (ediff ho!), but
I haven't done it in a while.  I should, but there's a significant
problem with the code's design that insists I do a fair bit of rework,
and that comes first.

  --jh

--
Mr. Belliveau said, "the difference was the wise,       John Hood,     cgull
intelligent look on the face of the cow."  He was      	                   @