Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:46:16 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        "Michael G. Thompson" <mthompsn@mica.edu>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Segfault in BIND 8.2?

* Michael G. Thompson <mthompsn@mica.edu> [000216 13:14] wrote:
> I'm running 2.2.5-RELEASE, and BIND 8.2 is segfaulting every couple of
> days or so with signal 11.  gdb can't backtrace, and I'm kinda stuck fir
> what might be causing this.  TIA.

it's pretty much mandated that you upgrade to 8.2.2p5 for security
reasons.

if you're already at 8.2.2p5 then make sure that if you're setting
a memory limit in the bind configuration it's high enough, either
that or eliminate it completely.

if none of this applies then I'm not sure anyone can help unless you
post your configuration file.

-Alfred