Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 10:03:57 -0400
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Subject:   Re: pkg_manage - something happened?

Doug White wrote:
 :
 : On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Howard Goldstein wrote:
 :
 : > pkg_manage was a dialog-based front end to the pkg_* tools.  I seem to
 : > have misplaced it while looking through recent 2.2.x release installs.
 : >
 : > Is there another way into its functionality other than pkg_info -a?
 : > (is it part of sysinstall?)
 :
 : pkg_manage is now part of sysinstall and was abolished as a separate tool,
 : afaik.

Ahh that's what I was afraid of.  Fortunately I have a version of it
from a 2.1.5 box, and Jack O'Neill kindly sent me the source for it
(thank you Jack).

I tried to get at the pkg_manage via 2.2.6R's sysinstall
configure/packages.  I dont think this is the right way though since
it requires selection of source media, and packages/INDEX at the
source.

Is there another way into sysinstall's pkg_manage?

--
The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind