Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:09:32 +0000
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        zaxis <z_axis@163.com>
Subject:   Re: I donot like using mergemaster ?

On Monday 26 July 2010, zaxis wrote:
> I want to upgrade my freebsd 8.0  to 8.1.  I have read all the steps
> about upgrading freebsd. I feel mergemaster  is difficult to use e.g.
> which parameters should i use ?   (you may wish to use -U or -ai or
> -Fi)

Well, obviously you will get more out of mergemaster if you read the
manpage and take the time to decide which options will work best for
you.  But if you can't be bothered to do that, the suggested usage in
/usr/src/UPDATING works for most people.  Also, there is an
alternative to mergemaster that is supposed to be easier to use in
some ways: John Baldwin's new port, sysutils/etcupdate.  You may want
to take a look at that.

b.