Date:      Fri, 8 May 2015 23:38:26 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Heads-up regarding arm/armv6 snapshot builds

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> [re@ in BCC.]
>
> Before I proceed with what I'm about to say, I want to be absolutely
> clear that I love the path Crochet has paved for the FreeBSD Project.
>
> Crochet, however, moves entirely too fast, and in that rapid pace of
> change comes backwards-incompatibility.

Is current crochet development happening within FreeBSD sectors or is
there an upstream?

It could be good to have an option in config.sh "FREEBSD_BUILD_TXZ=Y"
to build base.txz, etc in the image. (potentially useful in creating
jails)
ie, like, for example,

freebsd_buildtxz( ) {
mkdir usr/dist
/usr/bin/tar -c --exclude *.symbols --exclude "boot/kernel/*"
--exclude "usr/dist/*" -f usr/dist/base.txz .
}

Thanks,
--
Waitman Gobble