Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 01:24:40 +0200
From:      "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmakovey@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with ports in 4.3

Hello. Strange things happen since I've updated my home FreeBSD station to
4.3 (from CD). Nearly the same system in office works flawless.
Most important is behavior of pkg_version and make in building packages.
So, when system installed from scratch - for command :
pkg_version -d -v | grep -v '='
I get this:

[cut here]------------------------
/usr/sbin/pkg_info -aI
make: no target to make.
make: no target to make.
make: no target to make.
cat /usr/ports/INDEX
ORBit-0.5.7                 <   needs updating (port has 0.5.7_1)
bugbuddy-1.2                <   needs updating (port has 2.0.1)
cclient-0104051333          <   needs updating (port has 0104241750)

Friend of mine said that after cvsup'ing (from 4.3 RELEASE to 4.3 STABLE) he
can't make any ports (for instance postgresql 7.1_2). I must say that on my
computer in office I had no problem with it, and system looks differently
(there I have 4.1 cvsup'ed to 4.3) so what can it be?