Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:38:03 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ed VanderPloeg <edv@agile.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Atom N270 - ACPI Error: [RTMP] Namespace lookup failure

on 29/06/2011 01:07 Ed VanderPloeg said the following:
> I'm using an Aaeon AEC-6831 embedded system based on an Intel Atom N270, which
> uses their GENE-9455 motherboard.  After updating the BIOS to enable ACPI, I'm
> now getting the following (verbose) console message during boot and every 10
> seconds thereafter:
>
> ACPI Error: [RTMP] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20101013/psargs-464)
> ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_TZ_.THRM._TMP] (Node 0xc56b0760),
> AE_NOT_FOUND (20101013/psparse-633)
> acpi_tz0: error fetching current temperature -- AE_NOT_FOUND

The problem is that RTMP is defined as an external object:
External (RTMP, IntObj)
so it's supposed to come from an additional table, but apparently either no
additional table defines it or a necessary additional table is not loaded.
This could be either a BIOS problem or... something else :)

> The unit seems to run very warm which makes me wonder if this problem is
> preventing lower power states, if such things are related.
>
> I've collected the outputs from a verbose dmesg, from sysctl hw.acpi, and from
> acpidump.  They are zipped up over here:
>
> http://www.agilecontrols.com/post/aec6831_acpi.zip

Try either recent stable/8 or head (aka CURRENT) and see if it helps.  They
contain a change that may be a work-around for a BIOS (ACPI tables) like yours.

--
Andriy Gapon