Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 11:01:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: .forward help

>From: laszlo vagner <vagner@mutsgo.kf7nn.com>
>Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 23:48:34 -0500 (CDT)

>how would i set my .forward file to email me my mail at another address
>and ALSO keep a copy locally so I can access it in both places.

>From "man forward" on a Solaris 2.5 system:

     A backslash before a  username  inhibits  further  aliasing.
     For  instance,  to  invoke  the  vacation  program,  user js
     creates a ~/.forward file that contains the line:

          \js, "|/usr/ucb/vacation js"

     so that one copy of the message is sent  to  the  user,  and
     another is piped into the vacation program.

david
--
David Wolfskill		dhw@whistle.com	(650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621