Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:11:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Steven Jenkins <pjcsystems@cityconnect.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Steven Jenkins wrote:

> I am considering installing FreeBSD over a PPP connection on my Pentium 100
> PC. However I am concerned that the installation could go wrong and render
> my system unusable. How could I remove FreeBSD after installation and
> return to my original Windows 95 setup ? Is it straight forward ?

The main problem is that you have to adjust the partitions to make room
for FreeBSD and undoing that is very difficult without backups.  FreeBSD
goes onto it's own partition (drive letter in DOS-speake) so that means
removing part of the existing one.

Other than that, you just trash the FreeBSD partition, create a DOS
partition, and format it...