Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2014 19:35:48 +0200
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Jeff Anton <antonfb@hesiod.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rawrec fail - 10.1 breakage?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 08:46:47AM -0800, Jeff Anton wrote:
> I've been using the rawrec port and after the 10.1 upgrade it no longer
> works.
>
> atlas.hesiod.org:anton[42]: rawrec
> (null): sigaction on SIGIO failed: Invalid argument
>
> I reinstalled with pkg install -f rawrec and built from the port and
> still get the problem.
>
> 10.0 worked ok, but 10.1 is failing.
>
> I don't have time to debug in detail right now, but this kind of failure
> feels like an ABI breakage to me.  Other audio applications such as xmms
> and mixer are working so it doesn't seem like a driver problem.
>
> Any clues?

I cannot provide you with clue without the problem being debugged.

A voice near me says that it could be due to uninitialized struct
sigaction' sa_flags. Before 10.1, unused bits in sa_flags where silently
ignored, while 10.1 started checking. If this is true, the program
triggered undefined behaviour, which is catched now.