Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:44:54 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   textproc/aspell update

Can I have a committer take a peek at updating textproc/aspell (PR13166)

Sheldon has been looking at it for me, though there's some weirdness
going on (not sure where) where the updated port isn't DRTR with
the explicit dependency on g++295:lang/egcs (I'm unable to reproduce
this problem on any of my -current or -stable boxes).

The tarball can be found at
	http://www.lovett.com/~ade/FreeBSD/aspell-update.tar.gz

(don't use the one in the PR.. the Makefile has changed).

From the enclosed README:

	* make sure you have rev 1.8 of textproc/aspell/Makefile
	* remove patches/patch-a{b,c,d,e,f,g}
	* add patches/patch-a{h,i}
	* apply diff

Even with no previous installation of g++295 (from lang/egcs), on
either -stable or -current, a make in the modified aspell port should
compile that up, then compile itself.

I'd like to hear of any success/failure stories with this.  If it
works, I'd appreciate it being committed and PR13166 closed.

Thanks,
	-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.