Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2016 11:37:22 -0700
From:      David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p35, package samba44 -- where is SWAT or samba-tool?

On 06/09/2016 05:28 AM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> writes:
>> It appears samba44 does not include samba-tool.
>
> It's in the plist, and it doesn't seem to be controlled by any options.
>
> Does "pkg info -l samba44|grep samba-tool" not show it?

Thanks for the reply.  Running your command:

	2016-06-09 11:21:05 toor@p42800e ~
	# pkg info -l samba44|grep samba-tool
	pkg: No package(s) matching samba44

Checking if Samba is installed:

	2016-06-09 11:21:13 toor@p42800e ~
	# pkg info | grep samba

I thought I installed samba44 yesterday:

	2016-06-08 16:36:43 toor@p42800e ~
	# pkg install samba44
	===>   NOTICE:

	The gamin port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
	more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be
removed in
	the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:

	https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla

	More information about port maintainership is available at:

	https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/contributing/ports-contributing.html#maintain-port

Perhaps there was an error between the keyboard and the seat.  Try again:

	2016-06-09 11:21:22 toor@p42800e ~
	# pkg install samba44
	Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
	FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
	All repositories are up-to-date.
	Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
	The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

	New packages to be INSTALLED:
		samba44: 4.4.3_1

	The process will require 122 MiB more space.

	Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
	[1/1] Installing samba44-4.4.3_1...
	[1/1] Extracting samba44-4.4.3_1: 100%
	Message from samba44-4.4.3_1:

	How to start: http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

	* Your configuration is: /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf

	* All the relevant databases are under: /var/db/samba4

	* All the logs are under: /var/log/samba4

	* Provisioning script is: /usr/local/bin/samba-tool

	For additional documentation check: http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4

	Bug reports should go to the: https://bugzilla.samba.org/

That looks more like it.  Now I have samba-tool:

	2016-06-09 11:26:23 toor@p42800e ~
	# which samba-tool
	/usr/local/bin/samba-tool

Thanks for the help. :-)