Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:07:09 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        Zachary Drew <drew0054@tc.umn.edu>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing 4.0 on a "wd" machine

Hello,

I may have a clue : only ad devices are defined in "devices.c", therefore sysinstall
only probes ad-type drives

As a side note, in a 4.0-release, devices.c includes both block and raw devices
(ISTR that phk had suppressed the raw devices)

Could someone tell me how to patch devices.c and set the right parameters in the
device_names[] array fo devices.c ?

     TfH

Zachary Drew <drew0054@tc.umn.edu> on 22/06/2000 18:50:27