Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 14:20:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Spengler <mks@networkcs.com>
To:        titus@pleach.de
Cc:        mks@networkcs.com, freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inverse ARP on PVCs again

Titus von Boxberg said:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your replies.
> Still I got problems with the PVC which requires
> inverse ARP. Maybe I got a configuration
> problem?
> Currently I'm using
> - FreeBSD 3.1
> - atm set netif...
> - atm attach .. UNI31
> - atm set prefix .. (to get UNI to the INIT state)
> - ifconfig at0 ...
> - atm add PVC ... LLC .. dynamic
>
> Because it may be that the driver at the
> distant end of the PVC is broken:
> I was unable to locate the HARP code which actually
> implements Inverse ARP requests and replies.
> Maybe someone could point me to that code?

First, a few more requests:

What kind of system is at the other end of the PVC?
Please send along the output of:
	atm sh conf
	atm sh int
	atm sh net
	atm sh vcc
	atm sh ipvcc

The code that implements ATMARP is in src/sys/netatm/uni/uniarp*.
The Inverse ATMARP processing for dynamic IP PVCs gets started in
uniarp_vcm.c:uniarp_pvcopen() via the call to uniarp_inarp_req().  If you
want to trace the ATMARP packets, you need to:
	o compile your kernel with 'options DIAGNOSTIC'
	o gdb -k -wcore /kernel /dev/mem
		set uniarp_print = 1
		set atm_print_data = 1

This will spew ATMARP packet dumps via kernel printf()'s - not pretty, but it
works.

--
Mike Spengler				Network Computing Services, Inc.
Email: mks@networkcs.com		1200 Washington Ave. So.