Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:59:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Shadwick <tshadwick@goinet.com>
To:        Ben Hockenhull <benh@jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.x with > 70k users?

I can only suggest a workaround, which would be to consider a different
user management system, say LDAP.  You're still going to have the issue of
some apps not liking high numbered uid's, but it bypasses the pwd_mkdb
issue.  Not to mention once you have it in place managing users and
attributes should be much easier.  Getting to that point, however, is an
adventure all unto itself I'm afraid. :\