Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:20:35 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        jgarman@wedgie.org, "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH 2.3.0 fixes

On Tuesday, February 13, 2001 13:04:14 -0500, Jason Garman
<jgarman@wedgie.org> wrote:
+-----
| On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 09:41:19PM -0800, Philip J. Koenig wrote:
| > A couple days ago the list was discussing a problem with OpenSSH
| > 2.3.0, and these "broken pipe" errors.  Did the fix for that ever
| > make it into STABLE?
| >
| Unfortunately I don't see it committed yet.  Its already in the PR
| database and assigned to green.  Some people argue the real problem is in
| user applications, but this breaks enough stuff that I think it needs to
| be fixed in sshd.  Latest problem I've seen is remote backups with amanda.
+--->8

It is entirely reasonable for applications to assume that they have not
inherited SIG_IGN for random signals, with the exceptions of SIGHUP and
SIGINT (and maybe SIGQUIT) for which that is expected for a nohup'd job.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu