Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:21:11 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        sean@stat.Duke.EDU
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Force pccard controller to specific irq

"Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU> writes:
>I have been continually frustrated by the way the IRQ is being
>selected for the PCCard controller.  It is grabbing IRQ3
>regardless of whether I put something into /boot/loader.rc or not.
>Is there a way to hardcode IRQ10 into the kernel config file or
>the /sys/pccard code?

To specify the IRQ for the PCIC, put the following in your boot/loader.rc file:

         set machdep.pccard.pcic.irq=10

To enable a specific interrupt that you "know" is available and needed for
a PC-CARD (for example, IRQ9, that my ethernet card needs), add something
like this to /sys/pccard/pccard.c:

+    slt->ctrl->irqs |= 0x200;
+    desc->irqmask |= 0x200;
        if ((slt->ctrl->irqs & desc->irqmask) == 0)

If the IRQ actually *is* being used for something, the request will fail
further down in the code anyway.

The IRQ configuration commands in /etc/pccard.conf are almost completely
non-functional.

Hopefully a better compromise between architectural purity and real-world
necessities will be possible under the pending "new bus" code.

	-Michael Robinson