Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 05:50:42 +0200 (EET)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI system becomes broken in -current?

KOI8-R writes:
 > > From: "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
 > >    BTW, SCB Paging still not work for two devices and cause
 > >    serious inode damages as before. It work for any of device alone.
 > >
 > > What kind of inode damage ?  We are not using SCB paging, but anything
 > > later than Aug 19 kernel corrupts filesystems, the more damage the more io
 > > (on news servers kernels are ununsable, crash within 24 hours, usually
 > > within couple of hours).
 >
 > I got junk written to inode area immediately after boot. It is stable
 > effect with SCB paging enabled with two devices.

This may be different.  We see crashes after which randomly around the
disk, usually files which were in use/written at the time of crash.  It
always results in fsck reporting sequences of DUP/BAD inodes (one blockfull
of them, I assume).

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-9-43542270 fax -4555276