Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:28:06 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        timur@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   net/samba35 "needs" to have winbindd_enable set to yes - this can't be right

After I upgraded net/samba35 to version 3.5.14, I noticed this:
root@kg-quiet# service samba status
Cannot 'status' samba. Set winbindd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or
use 'onestatus' instead of 'status'.
root@kg-quiet# service samba start
Cannot 'start' samba. Set winbindd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or
use 'onestart' instead of 'start'.

What? Since when?
Ok, let's try to explicit set winbindd_enable to NO then:
root@kg-quiet# grep winbind /etc/rc.conf
winbindd_enable="NO"

root@kg-quiet# service samba status
Cannot 'status' samba. Set winbindd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or
use 'onestatus' instead of 'status'.
root@kg-quiet# service samba start
Cannot 'start' samba. Set winbindd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or
use 'onestart' instead of 'start'.

Well, that defeats the purpose of having winbindd_enable at all.
Yes, my Samba is built with WINBIND=on, but still it shouldn't fail this way.
Here is my options:
root@kg-quiet# make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for samba35-3.5.14:
     LDAP=on "With LDAP support"
     ADS=off "With Active Directory support"
     CUPS=on "With CUPS printing support"
     WINBIND=on "With WinBIND support"
     SWAT=off "With SWAT WebGUI"
     ACL_SUPPORT=off "With ACL support"
     AIO_SUPPORT=on "With Asyncronous IO support"
     FAM_SUPPORT=off "With File Alteration Monitor"
     SYSLOG=off "With Syslog support"
     QUOTAS=off "With Disk quota support"
     UTMP=off "With UTMP accounting support"
     PAM_SMBPASS=off "With PAM authentication vs passdb backends"
     DNSUPDATE=off "With dynamic DNS update(require ADS)"
     AVAHI=off "With Bonjour service discovery support"
     EXP_MODULES=off "With experimental modules"
     POPT=on "With system-wide POPT library"
     IPV6=on "With IPv6 support"
     MAX_DEBUG=off "With maximum debugging"
     SMBTORTURE=off "With smbtorture"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

and my FreeBSD version:
root@kg-quiet# uname -a
FreeBSD kg-quiet.kg4.no 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #1: Sat Jan  7
14:05:57 CET 2012
root@kg-quiet.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

How do I fix it?
--