Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:36:19 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port replicator with PCMCIA slots

> 	I am having some trouble with the PCMCIA support in
> FreeBSD-2.2.5 (-stable as of Thu 11/13, CTM patch 506 if that means
> anything).  The strange bit is this, FreeBSD will not recognize the
> PCI-to-PCMCIA bridge in the WinBook FX I am using (Cirrus Logic CL-6730)
> but it will find the bridge in the port replicator (same variety
> CL-6730).

Weird.

> I had at first suspected that FreeBSD was only finding one
> controller and would find the internal one when undocked, but it does
> not.  2.2.2 exhibited the same behavior, I was hoping 2.2.5 would fix
> it.

There were no PCCARD changes made from 2.2.2 -> 2.2.5, and any changes
made since that point shouldn't affect your box at all.  The PAO code
*may* work since it has PCI support, but until you test it it's an
unknown.

> There are four card devices in the /dev directory (card0 through card3)
> which seem to be the slots (not the controllers as the config file would
> seem to imply).

Well, it depends on you how define slot and controller, but yes there is
room for confusion.

Nate