Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:43:28 -0600
From:      Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
To:        Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ruby-optparst + portupgrade

On 8/12/02 1:24 PM, "Kevin Golding" <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Someone, quite probably Scott Gerhardt, once wrote:
>> My portupgrade et.al. Does not work with the following error:
>>
>> /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:34:in `require': No such file to load --
>> optparse (LoadError)
>>        from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:34
>
>> I though reinstalling ruby-optparse would fix the problem but ruby-optparse
>> does not seem to be in the ports tree anymore, what happened to it?
>
> It got integrated into ruby-shim.
>
> Probably best to just pkg_delete portupgrade and install a more recent
> version that uses shim instead.

Pkg_delete does not work (does not see portupgrade as installed).

So I did the following:
1.) I did a make deinstall && make clean && make distclean.
2.) Removed /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade.
3.) Ran cvsup.
4.) Did a make install of portupgrade (pkgtools-20020805.tar.bz2)

I still get the same damn error:

/usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:34:in `require': No such file to load --
optparse (LoadError)
        from /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade:34

How do I eliminate the reference to optparse?

Any other suggestions?

--
Scott Gerhardt, P.Geo.
Gerhardt Information Technologies [G-IT]