Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2006 04:20:44 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Build in progress with non-standard X11BASE

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:53:55AM +0300, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 11/23/06, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> >Dear All,
> >
> >I have started a new package build with X11BASE=3D/usr/xorg, to shake
> >out those ports that need to be brought into PREFIX-compliance to deal
> >with the move of xorg into /usr/local.
>=20
> That's great!
>=20
> Can you mention a simple non-tinderbox way to test
> a fix?

Unfortunately you'll probably need to rebuild all your X ports with
the new X11BASE.  Just moving /usr/X11R6 to somewhere else might be
enough for some ports, except for dependencies that have the old
location already compiled in.

On the other hand, taking the plunge and recompiling with a new
location will be a good motivator for you to fix the non-compliant
ports you might encounter :-)

> Also, where should we actually look for X11
> during the transition, X11BASE?

X11BASE is and always has been correct :)

Kris

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--