Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:36:46 -0800
From:      "Joey Garcia" <gummibear@nettaxi.com>
To:        <advocacy@freebsd.org>, <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.4 Reviewed on 32bitsonline.com

This is pretty much old news, but for those of you that haven't heard there
was an article on 32bitsonline.com about FreeBSD 3.4.  It was a very
favorable article.

The reason why I'm mentioning this again is because the few comments
generated about this article on their "posts" section toward the end of the
article.  Currently there are six postings.  Pretty sad when you compare it
to articles written about Linux which receive tons of favorable comments
from Linux users.

I was hoping to generate the same kind of response from the BSD community.
It's not always that BSD gets mentioned in the press (even if it's an online
magazine) and perhaps we should promote, show our appreciation, and speak
favorably about our beloved OS.

The Linux community tend to be very outspoken about their OS (sometimes that
can be a bad thing), which generates alot of interest from new users, media,
and the press.  That's the one thing that they have over us.  Perhaps in the
future that will change.

So if you're interested, take a couple of minutes and let people know that
BSD is everything that author made it out tobe and much much more.

Thanks for listening.

Joey