Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:15:38 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        horcicka@freebsd.cz
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Dec_16_01:15:38_2003_261)--

Martin Horcicka <horcicka@freebsd.cz> wrote
  in <20031215154521.O38847@www.freebsd.cz>:

horcicka> 1. I can't find any way how to sort the list of web mirrors in the pop-up menu
horcicka> on the home page using any other ordering than English. I guess the problem is
horcicka> in the template html-index-mirrors-options-list defined in
horcicka> www/share/sgml/includes.misc.xsl but I have no idea how to solve it.

 The menu entries will be sorted in alphabetical order of *translated*
 country name.  Didn't it work properly?  If you use transtable but
 the sort order is wrong, please show me the results (and the changes
 you added).  At least I know it works fine for www/ja.

 Or, is non-alphabetical order needed?

horcicka> 2. Database advisories.xml was moved from www/en/security to www/share/sgml
horcicka> but it contains language dependent data (month names) in English and there is
horcicka> no system for their translation to other languages. (In fact, it was only
horcicka> copied to www/share/sgml because it still exists in www/en/security but has
horcicka> obsolete content.) The result is e.g. English date above recent advisories on
horcicka> the Japanese home page.

 Yes, it is a common problem in news.xml, press.xml,
 and advisories.xml.  While I am considering several kinds
 of approach to it, is it better to use the figure instead of
 the name in all of the languages?  In Japan people do not usually
 use month names, so I am wondering it is reasonable.

 We can put the figures themselves in .xml files, or use transtable to
 translate the English month names, or put the figures in .xml files
 and use transtable to translate them into the localized month names.