Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:56:48 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More FreeBSD users

Greg Lehey wrote:
> Some of you may have noticed that I've been having reverse DNS lookup
> problems on my Telstra interface address (139.130.136.133).  I've been
> following this up with Telstra, and just spoke with Richard Chew, the
> DNS-master.  It seems that one of the main Australian name servers,
> munnari.oz.au, is just plain overloaded, and Richard says that they
> will probably take Telstra's stuff off it.  Here's HINFO for munnari:
>
> munnari.oz.au   CPU = Alpha4/166        OS = UNIX
>
> I suggested that they might like to try FreeBSD for their new name
> server.  Richard said, "Yes, that's what we're using on our other name
> servers, along with BIND 8.1.2".
>
> No HINFO for Telstra's name servers, of course, but it's nice to know
> that we're recognized.

I spoke with Richard yesterday too. 8-) The problems I've been having
are the result of being connected _before_ they added extra configuration
options to their custdata web pages. They're not good at telling people
they've got a new system with more things that need configuration.
"It works now." 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137