Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:11:34 +0000
From:      Frank Leonhardt <frank2@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

On 06/01/2014 09:48, eras mus wrote:
> After a few minutes the sever
> console be pinged or ssh. In server console also the machine hungs unable
> to enter root password in the prompt. If I do a power restart it is
> restarting up again and I can ssh also login from the console, but after
> few minutes it hungs no ssh and pinging from LAN machine not possible. How
> to trouble shoot, Please shed some light on it.

This sounds like a hardware problem. Do a proper RAM test if you can. If
this is okay, look at disk problems and if these are okay it is probably
a fault on the CPU or motherboard.

If you are worried it is a problem with your FreeBSD configuration,
start the machine from a LiveCD (or memory stick) and see if this is
stable, although this will not show up problems with the disk so easily.

Regards, Frank