Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:57:59 -0700
From:      Dan Debertin <airboss@bitstream.net>
To:        Todd Backman <todd@flyingcroc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routing firewall w/ipfw questions

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Todd Backman wrote:

> established connection) but no access from the outside could be
> established even after adding as the last rulesets:
>
> allow ip from any to any

If you are inserting this rule onto the end of your ruleset, you're still
going through all of your other rules before getting to this one. Given
that we're just trying to get the routing working, you're better off
turning off firewalling completely with:

sysctl -w net.inet.ip.fw.enable=0

Once we get routing working from inside out, and from outside in, we can
throw ipfw back into the mix.

If that doesn't work, perhaps an ASCII drawing of your network, with the
relevant addresses (converted into made-up ones, of course), etc., would
be helpful.

~Dan D.
--

++ Dan Debertin