Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:22:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Working patch *with* splhigh() (Was Re: More info RE: X slowdown in -current)

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >> Anybody else see this problem with version 1.35 ?
> >>

> >Yes, I remade world and system (with version 1.35 of sys_generic.c) and I
> >still experienced the slowdown.  Installing the "unofficial" patch which
> >circulated here earlier fixes the slowdown problem for me.
>
> How fast computers are you guys running on ?

I haven't tried any patches, and I'm running on what appears to be
sys_generic.c v. 1.35, on a p180, and netscape and xterm (although not
kirc) seem to run horridly slow.  I've got 64mb ram, and have no flags
set for npx0.

- alex

"We are upping our standards ... so up yours."
  - Pat Paulsen for US of A Prez, 1988.