Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 1998 20:11:13 -0600
From:      tesh <tesh@mbnt.net>
To:        john@nlc.net.au
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: radiusd-cistron-1.5.4.2

    Howdy.

    I installed the radiusd-cistron-1.5.4.2 on my FreeBSD 3.0 machine.
For the life of me I cannot seem to get it to work. It is recieving the
information from my Multitech Commplete 9600 system ok. That is I can
tell it is validating the request from it because it says
radrecv:Request from host d83c288c code=1, id=6 length =74
    But it will validate anything in the users file. I have tried the
default settings. I know I am doing something wrong because I have been
told that you install it and it runs. Here is the complete message I get
using radiusd -x

radrecv: Request from host d83c288 code=1, id=6,length=74
User-Name = "tesh"
Password = "\534\5240G\556(q\366\364\034\654\02A=\025\333"
NAS-IP-Address =216.60.40.140
NAS-Port-ID = 1
NAS -Port-Type =Async
Service-Type = Framed-User
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Sending Reject of id 6 to d83c288c (nas ras1.mbnt.net)

I guess the problem I have is I don't know what of make of the error.
If I comment out (#) everthing in the users file I still get this.
I would like to use this so it will read the /etc/passwd file in Free
BSD 3.0. This way I don't have plain text passwords.
Any help will be greatly apreciated.

    Thanks
    Charlie
    tesh@wtd.net