Date:      Tue, 24 May 2016 14:46:39 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        mmel@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br, Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Fwd: xorg broken on Beaglebone black revision 300438

I forgot to CC mmel for the below reply to:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2016-May/013910.html
and
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2016-May/013911.html

mmel is listed for the -r295256 that I referenced.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net>
> Subject: Re: xorg broken on Beaglebone black revision 300438
> Date: May 24, 2016 at 2:35:21 PM PDT
> To: freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm at freebsd.org>, otacilio.neto at =
bsd.com.br
> Cc: Ian Lepore <ian at FreeBSD.org>
>=20
> Quoting from Otac=C3=ADlio Tue May 24 00:06:10 UTC 2016 and its =
locore-v6.S changes:
>=20
>> -    orr    r7, #CPU_CONTROL_UNAL_ENABLE
>> -    orr    r7, #CPU_CONTROL_AFLT_ENABLE
>> +    bic    r7, #CPU_CONTROL_UNAL_ENABLE
>> +    bic    r7, #CPU_CONTROL_AFLT_ENABLE
>=20
> -r295256 (2016-Feb-14) changed from:
>=20
> bic     r7, #CPU_CONTROL_UNAL_ENABLE
>=20
> to:
>=20
> orr     r7, #CPU_CONTROL_UNAL_ENABLE
>=20
> in two places (moving it a few lines down for each example as well). =
So this much of the proposed changes would be reverting the -r295256 =
change. The check in comment indicates the bit is RAO/SBOP for armv7. =
For armv6 the check in comment claims it controls armv5 compatible =
alignment support.