Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:49:30 +0200
From:      "Matthias F. Brandstetter" <haimat@lame.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba+ACLs, CURRENT or STABLE?

Hi all,

I plan to setup a Samba fileserver with ACLs as a Windows domain
controller. First I tried with Linux, but I am afraid ACLs are not
wonderfully supported by it (you have to patch some core tools etc.).

So I thougt I try it with FreeBSD. 5.x seems good for this task, since it
supports ACLs "out of the box". Now my problem is, that I want to use this
server in a production environment, but on freebsd.org I see CURRENT
should not be used for such machines.

So my question, what to do now? Are ACLs for Samba supported on STABLE as
well, or is it safe to use CURRENT?

Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
Burns: Oh, quit cogitating, Steinmetz, and use an open-faced club!  A
 sand wedge!

Homer: Mmm ... open-faced club sandwich.

     Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield