Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2008 04:03:27 +0300
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need docs on USB driver development

* Dmitry Marakasov (amdmi3@amdmi3.ru) wrote:

> work through neither uhid nor ugen drivers (though I'm gonna do
> some more digging here). So I've decided to go level lower and write
Upd: I was able to make it work through ugen. By the chance I've plugged
the device into another slot, and it worked.

So the curious thing is that it works like that:
addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
 addr 3: AVerMedia USB Radio, AVerMedia Technologies

(can write commands to /dev/ugen0.2)

But not like that:
addr 1: OHCI root hub, NEC
 addr 2: AVerMedia USB Radio, AVerMedia Technologies

(writing to /dev/ugen0.2 fails with EIO)

--
Dmitry A. Marakasov    | jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru       | http://www.amdmi3.ru