Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:17:53 -0800
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        miles.dev@itinternet.net
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Grammar Error

On Dec 11, 2006, at 4:56 PM, Miles Raymond wrote:
> On http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/book-
> preface.html
>
> in the first paragraph:
>
> "...and the ability to take on board new concepts as they are
> introduced."
>
> should probably say "broad" instead of "board".

It's at least possible they meant "...take onboard..."; I'm not sure
the notion of "taking on broad concepts" matches the reassuring tone
of the intro.  :-)  The sentence also has a comma splice, something
like the following might be more clear:

"Working through this section requires little more than the desire to
explore and the ability to learn new concepts as they are introduced."

--
-Chuck